- The UNSCN Network
- Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN)
- Nutrition & NCD
- Nutrition & Climate change
- Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
- Annual Sessions & Meetings
- Food & Nutrition
- Harmonized Training Package
- UNSCN Working Groups
- UNSCN Task Forces
SUN Country Network
Le Réseau des Pays SUN
The SUN Movement can only thrive through the engagement of governments as they scale up their own efforts to address under- nutrition with nutrition specific interventions and nutrition sensitive development. As governments drive their efforts to scale up nutrition by managing their own processes and convening and coordinating stakeholders, areas where they feel others may be able to assist will be identified. International assistance will make efforts to respond to such needs in ways that in-country skills and capacities are sustainably developed.
SUN countries have committed, at the highest levels of Government, to reduce levels of undernutrition. The challenge is considerable: the 30 countries that are participating in the SUN Movement are home to over 50 million children under 5 affected by chronic undernutrition.
SUN Countries have agreed on a number of processes that will help align support with their policies, strategies and plans. These include:
- the identification of a Government focal point;
- the identification of a donor convener;
- the setting up or strengthening of a multi sectoral platform which can engage multiple stakeholders;
- updating of national policies, strategies and plans of action;
- the establishment of a common results framework.
The SUN Country network provides a forum for SUN country focal points to share their experiences with Scaling Up Nutrition from a national perspective and indicate specific support needs. The network meets through regular (six-weekly) teleconferences, organized along regional and linguistic lines. These meetings provide an opportunity for sharing information about how the national SUN platform can best link to stakeholders within other SUN networks. The Network is co-facilitated by the Executive Secretary of the UNSCN Secretariat, the Coordinator of REACH and SUN Movement Coordinator.
Specific information on the SUN country progress can be found here.